date people you see yourself walking down Main Street of Disneyland with.
best friends who slowly fall in love with each other is what otps are made of
Ferguson’s public library welcomes students and teachers this week, while schools are still closed.
the real mystery of leverage is how nobody ever notices these people wandering around seemingly talking to themselves
1. Describe your comfort zone—a typical you-fic.
interconnected snippets that only very loosely have a plot! it’s how the war paint and cyanide pills verse went, it’s how the we are all just trying to be holy verse is going, it’s how pretty much all of my most popular fics are structured.
2. Is there a trope you’ve yet to try your hand at, but really want to?
i don’t think so? i don’t really think in terms of tropes, despite the fact that i lived on tv tropes in my formative years. i mean, give me a trope name and a question about ‘would u be interested/how would you do this’ and i will talk at you for ages, i’m sure.
5. Share one of your strengths.
forcing me to compliment myself—well done. I am DAMN GREAT at coming up with ideas, especially crossovers, and making things fit character-wise.
6. Share one of your weaknesses.
literally everything else, i can’t plot for shit, dialogue is so tricky, i am absolutely terrible at editing, i have so much trouble keeping characters in character—the whole nine yards tbh.
4. How many fic ideas are you nurturing right now? Care to share one of them?
AHAHAHAHA so many. so many. in terms of half-finished word documents, ten. in terms of just—general ideas? not a damn clue. my favorite one at the moment is for the grand budapest hotel—26 alphabetical snippets of Zero and Agatha’s life post-movie.
13. What’s the best writing advice you’ve ever come across?
honestly? write every day. it’s the most basic but, in my opinion, the absolute most powerful.
23. If you were to revise one of your older fics from start to finish, which would it be and why?
Patria of the Dead, the Shaun of the Dead/Les Miserables crossover, because the storyline in that one is pretty formulaic and not all that exciting, imo.
- Describe your comfort zone—a typical you-fic.
- Is there a trope you’ve yet to try your hand at, but really want to?
- Is there a trope you wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole?
- How many fic ideas are you nurturing right now? Care to share one of them?
- Share one of your strengths.
- Share one of your weaknesses.
- Share a snippet from one of your favorite pieces of prose you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
- Share a snippet from one of your favorite dialogue scenes you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
- Which fic has been the hardest to write?
- Which fic has been the easiest to write?
- Is writing your passion or just a fun hobby?
- Is there an episode above all others that inspires you just a little bit more?
- What’s the best writing advice you’ve ever come across?
- What’s the worst writing advice you’ve ever come across?
- If you could choose one of your fics to be filmed, which would you choose?
- If you only could write one pairing for the rest of your life, which pairing would it be?
- Do you write your story from start to finish, or do you write the scenes out of order?
- Do you use any tools, like worksheets or outlines?
- Stephen King once said that his muse is a man who lives in the basement. Do you have a muse?
- Describe your perfect writing conditions.
- How many times do you usually revise your fic/chapter before posting?
- Choose a passage from one of your earlier fics and edit it into your current writing style. (Person sending the ask is free to make suggestions).
- If you were to revise one of your older fics from start to finish, which would it be and why?
- Have you ever deleted one of your published fics?
- What do you look for in a beta?
- Do you beta yourself? If so, what kind of beta are you?
- How do you feel about collaborations?
- Share three of your favorite fic writers and why you like them so much.
- If you could write the sequel (or prequel) to any fic out there not written by yourself, which would you choose?
- Do you accept prompts?
- Do you take liberties with canon or are you very strict about your fic being canon compliant?
- How do you feel about smut?
- How do you feel about crack?
- What are your thoughts on non-con and dub-con?
- Would you ever kill off a canon character?
- Which is your favorite site to post fic?
- Talk about your current wips.
- Talk about a review that made your day.
- Do you ever get rude reviews and how do you deal with them?
- Write an alternative ending to [insert fic title] (or just the summary of one).
this fucking mentality that you can’t be best friends with your significant other, that romance ruins a friendship, that BOTH FRIENDSHIP AND ROMANCE CANNOT OCCUR SIMULTANEOUSLY kills me like
that’s such a horrible, horrible and unhealthy mentality to have
one of my favorite things about the walking dead is carol and daryl and the way he slowly learns she’s trustworthy the way he flinches when she gets too close but gradually lets her closer he’s skittish and carol’s been there so she knows when to walk away and when to tease and push a little bit and really if the whole show was that i would be happy
tbh that’s something i want a little more from leverage re: eliot spencer and honestly i may just end up working out a walking dead au for this show because daryl and eliot as characters are really similar in the way they push my narrative buttons